Spiraken Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your opinion: Are phones a legitimate gaming platform?

3 posters

Go down

Your opinion: Are phones a legitimate gaming platform? Empty Your opinion: Are phones a legitimate gaming platform?

Post by Kal Spiraken November 16th 2010, 1:55 pm

Most of us have phones that can play games. Whether they be full on smart phones like iPhone, Droid, Blackberry or not, chances are, you own a phone and can purchase games that will run on it. In the past few years, we've seen big name game developers supporting those platforms. I'm talking about companies like Sega, EA, Ubisoft, etc.

My question is this: do you see the games developed for phones as legitimate competition for other mobile gaming platforms like DS or PSP? Will smart phones eventually mean the end of dedicated portable gaming systems like these or can the market support both? Do you think people will stop buying DS and/or PSP hardware/software because they can get their gaming fix on the phone?

My opinion? Phone games are fun but I still consider them to be casual time wasters. I don't get the same satisfaction out of playing a game on my iPhone as I do with playing a game on my DS. I do fear, though, that as the games on the phone platforms get more sophisticated, we might start seeing game developers neglect DS/PSP in favor of producing phone games that are faster to push to market and reach a broader audience.

Do you think we'll ever see the day when Nintendo is forced to give up in the portable hardware market and starts creating franchise games on a phone?

There was a time where I'd have said you'll never see Sonic on a Nintendo system. Look at where we are now...

Kal Spiraken
Spiraken Co-host
Spiraken Co-host

Back to top Go down

Your opinion: Are phones a legitimate gaming platform? Empty Re: Your opinion: Are phones a legitimate gaming platform?

Post by Xanbaka November 16th 2010, 11:00 pm

I say No
Xanbaka
Xanbaka
Podcasting Despot
Podcasting Despot

http://www.spiraken.com

Back to top Go down

Your opinion: Are phones a legitimate gaming platform? Empty Re: Your opinion: Are phones a legitimate gaming platform?

Post by Kal Spiraken November 17th 2010, 7:14 am

What about Sony's PSP phone? Thoughts?

Kal Spiraken
Spiraken Co-host
Spiraken Co-host

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanbaka November 18th 2010, 2:57 pm

Blah!!!!
I say neh good sir
Xanbaka
Xanbaka
Podcasting Despot
Podcasting Despot

http://www.spiraken.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wingstruck December 17th 2010, 10:27 pm

phone gaming is non competive,its mostly something you do on long trips or in class,and there is no real satisfaction with accomplishing any sort of high scores or even beating levels of games on there,who do you know who seriously brags about what score they got on there phone??
im going to have to say no,if your a gamer,youll have the legit systems or online user account,otherwise i dont see the point really in meantioning it as a replacement for anything,and i dont think if they were to start taking it seriously and creating games for your phone that people would pay for it,like isnt that why we have labtops,ipads,ipods,nintendos,xbox 360,wii,playstations and the internet for ??
waste of time really
wingstruck
wingstruck
Otaku-nuff said
Otaku-nuff said

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down